Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Get Real....Kindness.

For someone who is a confirmed hermit and seriously lacking in the people skills department, I have still managed to attract some truly amazing people into my life, and this post is for them....

MICK....you know those cartoons where people have an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other both giving them conflicting advice??? Mick is both. He has been my partner in crime during my loopier moments, joining in my ill conceived ideas with the sort of enthusiasm you normally only get from a golden retriever. (He's the reason I now have two tattoos.)
He has also saved my life. More than once, he's pulled me back from the edge when I couldn't do it myself. He's the first person I think of when something good happens and the first person I call when things fall apart. And he's always there....whether it's a party or picking up the pieces. He's also given me a gift I wasn't expecting....a life long friend in his partner Jules, and two kids that I love to pieces.


TANYA....who I think was beamed down from another planet to show me that the world is more than eat sleep and breathe. She laughs more than anyone I know. And she makes me laugh too. She is the sort of person that works in her own little time zone, and when you join her in Tanya Time, you leave all your worries outside the plastic bubble. She's also given me a gift in the form of her son Daniel, who is a constant joy to behold and is everything my teenage son hopes to aspire to.


NAY....who was an unexpected wedding present, I got the added bonus of her as a neice when I married Bruce. Her art is an unending source of inspiration to me. She's like a sister, and she and her husband have three beautiful children who I love like my own.


You guys rock and this goes out to you with love and thanks. xoxox

1 comment:

lusi said...

Sounds like you have been blessed with some very kind people in your life! Thanks for sharing with us :)
Love Lusi x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com