Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Christmas Wind Up


Well, I have come to the realisation that Chrtistmas is coming wether I'm ready or not (scream "NOT"), so in order to TRY and simplify things (and to encourage me to get off my duff and do something) I have added a "days til Christmas" counter and a list of what I hope to get done before the big day arrives. All I have achieved so far is a premature panic attack, which I guess is marginally better than last years numb acceptance of the inevitable....can you say "fibre optic christmas tree"???
I have actually started making my cards (don't faint) plus I have paid off some of my national debts worth of Christmas Laybys. So I guess that's a start. Kind of.
If I didn't have to go to the shops I'd do way better...it's something about canned Christmas carols in the first week of November that just makes me want to hide under the doona until Easter...or at least New Years. DS#1 has requested a gym membership, which would be fine except he's gonna need a car to go with it, not to mention a drivers license, (kinda out of reach for a 12 year old) otherwise I'm gonna be the one driving him down there and watching all those buff fellas working out....hmmm....maybe this one needs some more thought. DS#2 wants a drum kit, which again is fine 'cos i won't be here over Christmas when it gets its initial workout. By the time I get back it'll be gathering dust in the garage hee hee. Or should that be HO HO HO?????

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com