Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mothers Day/Napalm/Romeo Must Die

It's been a bit flat out at Planet Hartwell which explains why I haven't updated in a few days. Mothers Day was on Sunday and it was all good....got some lovely things, handcrafted silver jewellery, a wicked cool pilot's hat a-la steampunk, and some seriously loud PJ pants which will never be worn in bed cos they look so good. We saw both grandmas and had takeout for lunch. Nice. Second son announed that the school was having Napalm this week, which had me slightly concerned until I realised he was talking about Naplan. Personally, I'm thinking that they would have done better going with the napalm, but who am I to argue with the Dept Ed?? Firstborn was looking forward to seeing his LDL this weekend, but due to delayed flights, her plane was really late and it was decided by parental forces beyond his control that there wouldn't be time for them to get together, which has left a black cloud of napalmish proportions hovering over Planet Hartwell for the forseeable future. At least until her next trip up in a fortnight's time. God save me from teenage romance. On the random weird side of things, not much has been happening apart from my babysitting a placenta in my freezer while the owners move house. I was seriously concerned that FF might try and make bolognaise out of it, so it has been labelled "do not defrost or eat" in very large letters, and last time I checked it was still there. I've been lucky enough to score three days paid work at the June Scrapbook Expo, which will take care of my spending money for Mamafest in Sydney, oh yeah!! Both boys are grading in TKD tomorrow, firstborn is competing for his green tip and second son for his yellow belt. Just for a change they've moved the venue which will cut at least an hour off our travelling time and we may even make it home before the end of the world as we know it. I have been quilting up a storm since I got my last commissioned album out of the way, and I'm hoping to have one side finished by tomorrow night, if everything goes according to plan. Which it won't, but I'm not thinking about that yet. I never do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com