Friday, January 9, 2009

100 things....

Ok the deal with this is that you answer the questions and pick the five top ones that you'd most like to do....because I'm technophobic, I'll just give you the numbers for my top 5....80, 100, 56, 44, 28. Thanks to Jolene for the list!!

1. Started my own blog – Umm...look around!!
2. Slept under the stars – Yep, on the beach.
3. Played in a band – Yep, most of my teenage years, lol
4. Visited Hawaii – No, but I'd accept an invitation!!
5. Watched a meteor shower – Yep....last August (Leos are way into the universe!!)
6. Given more than I can afford to charity – Hmmm. I gave what I had, does that count??
7. Been to Disneyworld/land - Not yet, but I'm hoping!!
8. Climbed a mountain – Yep....Tibrogargan at the Glasshouses.
9. Held a praying mantis - WHY??? Eww!!
10. Sung a solo – Does Singstar count, lol??
11. Bungee jumped – not in this or any other lifetime!!
12. Visited Paris – 1986...a good year for travel!!
13. Watched lightning at sea – From my dad's lap at the beach house at Caloundra.
14. Taught myself an art from scratch – Does scrapbooking count??
15. Adopted a child – No, but I regularly abduct my mates kids for weekends, lol.
16. Had food poisoning – KFC - and it wasn't pretty!!
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – It's on my to do list!!
18. Grown my own vegetables – Still do...in the laundry tub on the deck.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France – Nope.
20. Slept on an overnight train – Yep....Brisbane to Hughenden - 1500 kms of cane fields and mangos.
21. Had a pillow fight – Regularly - I'm the mother of sons!!
22. Hitchhiked – All over Switzerland - it's their version of public transport I think!!
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – It's called a MENTAL HEALTH DAY, thank you.
24. Built a snow fort – Yep - in Norway in 1979, and it was pretty damn fine too!!
25. Held a lamb – yes
26. Gone skinny dipping – Yep
27. Run a marathon - Did a 10 km charity run, does that count??
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice – nope
29. Seen a total eclipse – yep, it was cool...all the guinea pigs went to sleep,lol.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – All the time when Kit was a baby - early riser, y'know.
31. Hit a home run – Is that a sports thing???
32. Been on a cruise – 10th anniversary with DH.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person – Not yet, but I'm hoping!!
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors – Yep - Half Pom, half Viking, been to both!!
35. Seen an Amish community – Does "Witness" count??
36. Taught myself a new language – Nope, but Sebi can swear in three different languages...I'm SO proud!!
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – Money doesn't really rate that highly.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person – Not yet.
39. Gone rock climbing – yep, and it was terrifying, thanks for bringing that up!!
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David – nope.
41. Sung karaoke – yes, extremely badly, lol
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt – Nope, but Sebi does a fair imitation when he's got the flu.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant – nope, but I've paid for the car behind me at a toll booth.
44. Visited Africa – Not yet.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – Every time we go camping
46. Been transported in an ambulance – More than once....
47. Had my portrait painted – Not my scene!!
48. Gone deep sea fishing – WHY??
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person – Nope.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris – No, but Kit has!!
51. Gone scube diving or snorkeling – No, but both my boys have.
52. Kissed in the rain – Yep
53. Played in the mud – All the time as a child, and quite often as an adult, lol
54. Gone to a drive-in theater – Yep, LOVE IT!!
55. Been in a movie – Not that I know of...does CCTV count??
56. Visited the Great Wall of China – Add it to the list
57. Started a business – yep.
58. Taken a martial arts class – Yep, and won a medal in the "old and crumbly" division!!
59. Visited Russia – Nope
60. Served at a soup kitchen – Nope, but I was a foster mother at the RSPCA, lol.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – Yep, I was a card carrying Girl guide!!
62. Gone whale watching – Not deliberately...we were at the beach and there it was!!
63. Got flowers for no reason – Yep!!
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – nope, can't 'cos of medical history.
65. Gone sky diving – ARE YOU INSANE!!
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp – pass.
67. Bounced a check – Nope, never.
68. Flown in a helicopter – Several times...LOVED IT!!
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – Yep
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial – Nope
71. Eaten caviar – Nope
72. Pieced a quilt – Yep...all by myself...my mum nearly died of shock!!
73. Stood in Times Square – nope
74. Toured the Everglades – nope
75. Been fired from a job – Yep
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London – yes
77. Broken a bone – Three fingers - hurt like hell too!!
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - yep.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person – nope.
80. Published a book – maybe one day!!
81. Visited the Vatican – Nope
82. Bought a brand new car – My funky green festiva!!
83. Walked in Jerusalem – Nope
84. Had my picture in the newspaper – Yes
85. Read the entire Bible – No, not yet.
86. Visited the White House – Nope
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – EWWW!!
88. Had chickenpox – I got one behind my ear - does that count??
89. Saved someone's life – nope
90. Sat on a jury – Nope
91. Met someone famous – how famous?? I met Neil Finn from Crowded House and it made my day!!
92. Joined a book club – Nope
93. Lost a loved one – My dad
94. Had a baby – Two.
95. Seen the Alamo in person – Nope
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake – nope
97. Been involved in a law suit - Nope, thankfully.
98. Owned a cell phone – Yep
99. Been stung by a bee – Yep, more than once
100. Ridden an elephant – No, but I'd try it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com