Monday, February 22, 2010

Empty Tank / Just Say No

Is it still February 2010
I think I overdid the time travellers recipe....after 6 days of very little sleep, no appetite and seriously too much high octane caffeine, I have hit the wall. And the timing is SO bad.....I'm only two days into this weeks shift, with two extra mid mornings tacked on. Plus I'm about a fortnight behind in my commissioned stuff and the pile of editing in my hard drive keeps getting bigger. I'm living Jim Carrey's worst nightmare.....I am Yes Woman. I can't say no to anyone. I can't turn down extra shifts, I don't want to knock back commission offers, so I just agree to it all and shove the non essentials (food and sleep) into the too hard basket. And man am I paying for it this week. I woke up this morning and seriously couldn't lift my arm to smack the alarm. I really thought I'd had some sort of brain zap overnight and paralyzed myself, but it's just being bone deep dog tired. I haven't felt like this since I was a student in England, working a night shift and attending college during the day. And I was 18 then, and it still nearly killed me. Plus, it's not really the look I'm going for as far as the boys are concerned. Zombie Mothers From Mars might be cool on the Playstation, but not so cool live in the loungeroom. Yawn.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com