Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mortality Check/Facing Forty

Well it's nearly here....Next Wednesday is 40 years since my arrival on planet earth.
I guess it's a milestone, but I don't really feel like I'm approaching anything out of the ordinary. (ask me again next Wednesday, lol). I think I'm happy.
I have most of the things I wanted in my life....there are a few things I got that I wasn't expecting, but I think that's where the living part of life comes in.
Mostly I find myself content. I don't know whether that's because my expectations have become more realistic, or because I have been blessed with the gift of children who make the absolute most out of every situation, good or bad, and I've learnt from them.
I'm happier than I was at 18.
I'm achieving more than I was at 21.
I'm less selfish than I was at 25.
I think I'm ready for forty.....bring it on!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com