Saturday, February 12, 2011

Travelling in circles.

I've entered a wormhole and I'm back in 2006.   I don't know what it is about Grade Six that turns ordinary kids into feral animals, but this is the second time round for me and things haven't improved.  Part of it is the age I guess, and part of it is that Second Son is probably as different from the norm as he is ever going to be, and that is pretty much all it takes to make you a target.  At a time in life when being the same as everyone else seems to be the only aim in life, those kids who don't fit the mold are in for a hard time.  Aspergers will do that, every time.  And second son is getting it both barrels.   He's doing his best to cope, but is showing the same signs of stress that Firstborn did at the same age.  So I'm taking a sabbatical from work for a couple of months so that I can concentrate 100% on his needs and hopefully implement some strategies that will make things easier for him.  We've also got a couple of other options on the back burner as well.   Panadol sandwich, anyone?

1 comment:

Alaine said...

Good luck and I hope it gets easier!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com