Thursday, February 17, 2011

Don't argue with crazy people.

Witnessed the following at the school crossing.....

Lady in a maroon car pulls up in the No Standing area.   She's a daily offender, we've all spoken to her numerous times.  She's of Asian heritage, and speaks English with a pronounced Asian inflection.

Crossing Guard. "Ma'am, you can't park your car there.  It's an absolute No Standing Zone"

Lady.  Proceeds to unload two children from the car and walk them across the road (not using the crossing)

Crossing Guard.  "Ma'am, No Standing means you can't stop your car there AT ALL"

Lady.  Walks children into school,  reappears several minutes later.

Crossing Guard " Ma'am, if you'd just take a look at that sign, you'll see that you're breaking the law."

Lady (at top volume)   " I KNOW I NOT PARK THERE!!!  EVERY DAY YOU SAY MA'AM YOU NO PARK THERE!!!   I KNOW NOT GOOD PARK THERE!!!  YOU TELL EVERY DAY!!  EVERY DAY!!!  I HEAR YOU EVERY DAY!!!   I KNOW!!  NO PARK THERE!!!!

* have you ever noticed that if someone starts yelling at you in broken English, for some reason you start doing it too??

Crossing Guard (equally loudly)  "IF YOU KNOW, THEN WHY YOU PARK THERE??  EVERY DAY YOU PARK!!  EVERY DAY WE SAY "NO PARK THERE, NO PARK THERE!!!"  WHY YOU NO LISTEN??"

By this stage I'm creased up on the footpath, having ruptured something small but important, trying not to hee haw like a hyena.   I'm so glad I'm off till Easter.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com